So since it’s the last weekend of 2011 and I normally feature my favorite projects of the week on Fridays, I decided to do something a little different to celebrate a fantastic and inspiring year!
Here are my Top 5 favorite projects of 2011 from around the Blogosphere!
1. Board & Batten from Centsational Girl - This project actually inspired me to go “live” with my blog after I used Kate’s project as inspiration for my laundry room. Loved the hook idea and just had to implement it in my own home!
2. Dining Room Table from The 36th Avenue – I remember just being in AWE when I first saw this stained dining room table from Desirée. Love the technique she used and her step-by-step tutorial is fabulous!!
3. Family Room Makeover from Addicted 2 Decorating – There are no words for how I feel about this family room makeover! You MUST see the before and after because it’s just that good. Kristi’s blog is extremely inspiring and with transformations like this it’s easy to see why! LOVE the color combo and mixing of furniture. BRAVO!
4. Dressing Room Makeover from Maple & Magnolia – There’s so many things I just LOVE about this room. The Annie Sloan Chalk Paint furniture, the dress form, the pennant banner and the old picket fence. Everything works so well together and the colors are fabulous! Yep, any girl’s dream dressing room!
5. Tween Boy Bedroom from Just A Girl – And finally we have this AMAZING wall made out of FREE pallet wood. Chris also painted her son’s bedroom furniture. This makeover is just perfection! I sometimes wish for a boy just so I can do this someday to his bedroom!
Well, that’s it from the Best of the Blogosphere for 2011. It’s been an amazing year. I went “live” with this little blog back in May and I can’t believe where it has taken me. If I don’t get any more followers, at least I’ll keep doing this for myself as an online journal for my creative outlets. Plus it seems to make me finish projects since I need projects to blog about, right? HA, sad but true!!
Thanks again for all the love and support in 2011. Can’t wait to share more with you next year! Have a fun and SAFE holiday weekend!