Get Inspired: Kitchen Mini-Makeover Ideas

I’ve been seeing some AMAZING kitchen makeovers recently across the web! It always shocks me how some minor changes can make a big effect to you living space.

I found so many great ideas, I thought I would share with you!
So here’s a great roundup of 15 kitchen {mini} makeover ideas that anyone can do!

Paint your kitchen island in a contrasting color from Infarrantly Creative

Kitchen cabinet crown molding from Girl in Air

DIY Wood Countertops from Cleverly Inspired

Paint your kitchen cabinets (great tutorial from Evolution of Style)

Distressed kitchen cabinets with new handles from Lemonade

Kitchen island makeover from At The Picket Fence

Two tone kitchen cabinets from The Lettered Cottage

Pantry makeover from The House of Smiths

Open shelving from Beneath My Heart

DIY Pendant Lighting from Tatertots and Jello

Add an interesting backsplash from BHG.com

Faux granite countertops from GianiGranite.com

Farmhouse style sink from QualityBath.com

Glass front kitchen cabinets from Between Naps on the Porch

New cabinet knobs and pulls from Teal and Lime

kitchen mini makeover ideas

Hope you’re LOVIN’ the inspiration!
And if you have an awesome KITCHEN MINI MAKEOVER, leave a link below!

{PS. if you’re going to pin a project, please go to the original source}

Comments

So I love these! Thanks for sharing. I’m curious though – open cabinets or shelving… how do you keep up with the dust? I strugle with dust in our house every day and I wonder if I were to do open cabinets, if I’d regret it due to dust. Because honestly, I LOVE the look. Any open cabinet havers – please comment.

• Sarah says

I read a lot of home improvement blogs and Sherry and John from younghouselove.com say that with their open shelves, the functional pieces they use most often are what gets displayed ont he shelves so they dont have time to collect dust.

HI! I have the kitchen island transformation featured above, I also took the doors off of two of our sets of upper cabinets, and I couldn’t be happier. I didn’t even add glass doors, there are no doors at all. One of my cabinets is my “staples/medicine” cabinet. I placed all of the items that were originally just sitting inside jumbled up in matching baskets and it is fabulous! Each basket has it’s own category and everyone in the family is good about keeping it that way, it’s so nice and organized. The other cabinet has mixing bowls, some pretty wooden bowls, etc. The only thing in it that gets “dusty” is the wine glasses and I just give them a quick rinse before we use them. But they got that way even in closed cabinetry. To clean up the actual shelves, on occasion I empty them out and take my vacuum attachment and run it over the shelves to get out any crumbs, etc and then wipe them down real quick. I do that with my closed cabinets too though.

I LOVE the look of the open cabinets in my kitchen and don’t regret it one bit. I even finished them off with trim and added curved wood pieces to make them look like they were always open. Hope that helps answer some of your questions!

Heather

Oooh, good tips Heather! I love the idea of just taking the doors off with baskets!! I was thinking of replacing some of mine with glass front doors, but this might be a better option for me. Do you have a link you can post here so people can see it?

2. Erin K. says

Love your blog. I would love a kitchen makeover…actually I need a home makeover. lol I live west of St.Louis so if you get done at your house feel free to come redo mine! ;)

Love all the Mini kitchen makeovers I just did a mini makeover on a dime spending no money and using only what i had on hand from beadboard to paint come see:))

Erin! Thank you so much for featuring my island, definitely by far still my favorite project I’ve ever done..okay well the whole kitchen in general is my favorite! You are too sweet to include me in such fabulous company! I feel so honored. Great post with some amazing project and idea!

Heather