In case you haven’t heard, it’s my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY CELEBRATION! There are some great giveaways going on this week (like a Thirty One bag and a gift basket from Plaid Crafts), plus I’ve decided to share a little bit about myself! So, without further adieu, here’s…
- I only have 1 child, a four year old little girl named Ellie. She has blond curly hair and I have no idea where it came from!
- I built furniture in college. End tables, coffee tables, a porch swing, etc. I also majored in Fine Arts (which means I got to dabble in ceramics, printmaking, photography, painting, drawing and everything else art related!)
- I started this blog after having only read ONE other blog (Centsational Girl). I had NO CLUE there were so many blogs out there!
- I’m addicted to mechanical pencils and only use them to write (unless I’m signing an important document).
- The first CD I ever owned was The Bodyguard soundtrack.
- My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption. A close second is The Royal Tenenbaums.
- If I could have any super human power, it would probably be to breathe underwater. I love to swim!
- My siblings and our families gather for dinner almost every Sunday at my parents’ house.
- I HATE ONIONS. The texture of them grosses me out. Cooked or raw, doesn’t matter!
- I’m as blind as a bat.
- I sliced off the tip of my finger when I was in college with an exacto knife. Don’t worry, they sewed it back on! But it’s still über sensitive.
- I love musicals. My favorite is probably Meet Me in St. Louis.
- Some of my favorite bands are Queen, Journey, Green Day and The Cars.
- I work 50+ hours a week at my normal job as an Art Director and blog in my free time. But I LOVE my job. Seriously, sometimes I look forward to Mondays.
- I never win anything (which is why I don’t play the lottery).
- I want to win the lottery someday. Dangit, I guess I’ll have to revise #15.
- I know my way around Panama City Beach better than downtown St. Louis (and I’ve lived here my entire life).
- I love sushi, Kendall Jackson Chardonnay and fruit snacks.
- I played softball, volleyball, soccer and basketball growing up. Yep, I was pretty much a tomboy.
- I’ve never sang karaoke before, but I want to! My song choice would be I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
- I went to Catholic private school my entire life.
- I’m obsessed with Cardinals baseball.
- I think every t-shirt I own has paint on it.
- I HATE yard work. No, make that loathe.
- I love any Housewives TV show on Bravo. And I believe Seinfeld and Scrubs are two of the best TV shows ever.
- I love to read (when I find the time). My favorite book from this past year was Born to Run by Christoper McDougall.
- My favorite fast food is Taco Bell.
- I can’t stand most Country music.
- I love giving gifts, not receiving them.
- I used to be able to play the piano and would love to learn again someday.
- My favorite dessert is gooey butter cake.
- My hubby still works a lot of nights and goes to school so I only get to cook dinner about once a week. It stinks because I really love to cook! My best dish? Chicken chimichangas!
- We have a dog named Jack that my dad bought for my daughter. We’re actually giving him to a friend on Saturday. We just work too much for a dog and I felt bad to crate him all day.
- I threw away my wedding dress the day after I got married.
- I scanned in my report card my senior year in high school to change my grades. I printed out the fake version and gave it to my parents. They never figured it out (but I did come clean years later!).
- Back before I started dating my husband, I dated one of his best friends (and he kinda dated my cousin; that’s how we met!).
- I CUSS A LOT. Ask anyone who knows me. Like a sailor.
- I’m really bad at keeping my car clean.
- I can’t help but really like Alec Baldwin.
- My hubby has epilepsy to I tend to drive everywhere while he rides shotgun.
- I only sleep 6 hours a night.
- My favorite stores are NY & Company (clothes), Target and Pier 1 Imports.
- I’m now addicted to the iPhone app CamWow.
- I prefer The Voice over American Idol.
- I’ve lived in St. Louis my entire life but have never been up in The Arch.
- I have 4 piercings in my left ear and two in my right, yet I rarely wear earrings anymore.
- I get addicted to certain songs and play them over & over on repeat.
- If I wasn’t a graphic designer, I’d like to be an art teacher.
- My biggest regret is not learning how to sew from my grandmother.
- I’m very short. Only about 5 foot 3 inches.
WHEW! That was actually kinda hard!! But I hope you enjoyed getting a little more info about me!
NOW ONTO THE GIVEAWAY!
I’ve used Cutting Edge Stencils in the past for a couple of personal makeovers and absolutely LOVED the final result! First room I conquered was my daughter’s accent wall in her bedroom.
I also used a Cutting Edge Stencil on my craft room walls.
Now YOU have a chance to win a stencil of your own! Cutting Edge Stencils is offering a $50 credit towards any stencil of your choice with FREE shipping!
Here’s some of the stencils you could win!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter.
Giveaway offered to US residents only. Winner will be announced Wednesday, May 23rd.
Also, to help if you win this awesome giveaway… Cutting Edge Stencils is proud to announce a new series of How To Stencil videos. These step by step tutorials are easy to follow and packed with expert tips and tricks. See all of their videos by clicking here.
Thanks to everyone who enters and GOOD LUCK!