Laundry Room Makeover Reveal!

I’m so happy to have this room finally completed… and on strict budget no less. There’s plenty of photos to share, so take seat and get comfy for the grand tour of my Laundry Room Makeover…

Our laundry room is right off the garage and the most used entryway in our home. I wanted to make this space bright yet purposeful: plenty of storage and organization.

The biggest change in this room was my washer and dryer mini-makeover. Yep, a little paint and a fancy stencil from Royal Design Studio did wonders for my old friends. You can see the tutorial for the transformation here.

Overall I needed to lighten up this room since there is no window or natural light. To brighten the space, I gave the entire laundry room a fresh coat of paint: Hinting Blue by Sherwin Williams HGTV Home line.

I have bead board and hooks along the opposite wall of the washer & dryer to hang our jackets and coats. One piece of 4x8ft bead board, one piece of molding and a couple of hooks created the perfect space to grab our coats as we head out the door.

I topped the area with some 8×10 inch canvas prints I made with plain old printer paper  (tutorial to come), bulletin boards and some colorful bunting.

One of my favorite additions to the room is a new light fixture. Love the little sunbeams it creates on my ceiling.

I couldn’t afford new cabinets for the Laundry Room so instead I added two new smaller wire shelves for some additional storage.

In the middle I hung a sign I created using a 16×20 inch board, vinyl lettering and some Annie Sloan chalk paint. The quote perfectly sums it up!

The baskets were on clearance from Kirkland’s. I found little tags from Michael’s for about 25¢ each, painted them with chalkboard paint and tied them to the baskets.

I bought some glass jars, filled them with my cleaning detergents, and printed out some labels using Scrapbooking Attitude (you can see how I used that stuff for another project here).

I scored this floral rug from Shaw Floors. Last minute addition that I’m totally diggin’!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour of my new Laundry Room.
I have to say… I’m loving it so far!

And don’t forget to check out my stenciled Washer & Dryer transformation.
You can barely notice all of the scratches and dents, right?

budget laundry room makeover

Comments

I think the idea of adding smaller wire shelves above the long wire shelf in the laundry room (above the machines). I will have to add two shelves above my laundry room’s existing shelf for more storage. Great idea! I also love your glass detergent containers.

Erin, it’s beautiful!! I love it all! After all your hard work, it must feel good to have this be the first thing you see when you walk in the house. I’m def gonna have to check out that Scrapbook with Attitude stuff! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, what a transformation! I read your washer and dryer tutorial the other day and I can’t wait to try it out on my washer and dryer!

Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Jo says

Thankyou for this post. I have almost the exact same laundry room (the linen closet is in this room as well). All of the laundry room make overs are of large rooms with lost of cabinets, I too can’t afford cabinets yet. Love everything you did, I am going to do some rearranging and a little shopping. Thank you again for the great ideas.

Amazing! I can’t see the dents at all. I love it! It looks like it took you a really long time. I would have loved to see a before and after. I have a very similar set up. Funny, I was just thinking that my laundry room really needed a redo after I was in it for an hour this evening. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Crystal & Co. Hope to see you at True Aim!

Thanks so much Tulip! I have the before & after photos in my stenciling tutorial. You have to see it! And the makeover did not take long at all. Just one evening… that’s it! Thanks for stopping by ;)

Wow, Erin! What a gorgeous transformation! I love every DIY detail – it’s a beautiful space! The washer/dryer look awesome and all of your attention to detail is so pretty! I’m including a link back to you in tomorrow’s DIY highlights. ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

I just love this laundry room. I will be featuring it tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I’ve Been Featured button. Thanks.