So since we only have a couple of short weeks left in this year, I thought it would be interesting to take a look back and see where I am on my list of Home Goals for 2012 that I wrote back on January 11th. Let’s take a look!
1. GREAT ROOM MAKEOVER: OK, yeah… this one is still a work in progress. Way to start off the first goal with a bang, right?
Well in 2012 I did paint the walls, hung some new drapes, bought new tables, and gave makeovers to some tables seen here, here and here. I still have my old red chairs in this room that I would like to switch out and need a new area rug, but it’s definitely on the right track to be completed in 2013.
2. DINING ROOM MAKEOVER: Yeah, I know in my Home Goals 2012 I said that I would never get rid of the red wall. Umm… guess I had a change of heart.
Seriously, it’s amazing how much my tastes have transformed in the past 12 months. In January I was talking about adding pops of bold blues infused with the red. As you can see… Not. Even. Close.
I replaced the little side table with a piano that my cousin gifted me, painted the red wall the beautiful shade of Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams, purchased some drapes, and hung some beautiful vintage-inspired portraits of my daughter. Cheap changes that made a big impact.
3. KITCHEN MAKEOVER: Yep, I painted my kitchen cabinets in 2012! This is definitely my favorite makeover of the year. It’s amazing what a little bit of paint can do, isn’t it? And while I didn’t get new flooring like I was wishing for, I’m still 100% happy with the outcome of my mini kitchen makeover on a budget.
4. CRAFT ROOM MAKEOVER: Can you believe that THIS is what my craft room looked like a year ago? It’s hard to believe!
While I hated to paint over that yellow stenciled wall that I poured my heart into, I was ready for a functional desk and workspace in my new craft room.
5. BACKYARD: OK, this one was a complete failure. I didn’t touch my backyard ONCE this past year. I didn’t even plant anything new in the yard. I was able to give my front porch a mini makeover, but that’s about it for the outdoors. Guess I’ll have to tackle that in 2013 (urgh).
So, how did YOU do with your Home Goals of 2012?
Did you accomplish any big projects? Or just some small ones?
Stay tuned the first week of January when I introduce my Home Goals of 2013!
Give yourself a pat on the back for all the amazing changes you accomplished this year! The kitchen looks fabulous and i love it but I think the dining room wall change was the biggest one, mainly because you didn’t think you’d paint it. Lol. Good look selling the house and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Thanks so much Ange! Hope you’re doing well and have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy these special times with those adorable kiddos 😉
Congratulations on a job well done! You have accomplished so much I would definitely let the backyard slide. 😉 I’m jealous of your craft room & dining room (neither of which I have in my house) and I love your kitchen makeover.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Thank you so much Brandy! And Merry Christmas to you!!
Shannon @Fox Hollow Cottage says
Wow Erin! You had some major changes girl. The living room look completely different with the paint change alone. I love the kitchen, of course, I’m a sucker for a white kitchen.. and your craft room was such a dramatic difference. The new desks are fabulous!! Look forward to seeing what you do in 2013 🙂 Shannon
What a beautiful home! Your house looked great even in the before pictures, but it looks larger with your makeover. I think the kitchen and craft rooms are the best! Congrats and Happy Holidays!
Sandra @Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls says
Let’s not even talk about what I did, er, didn’t accomplish this year. What YOU accomplished this year is great, and I seriously love your kitchen!!
THanks so much Sandra! Hope you’re having a great holiday season and can’t wait to see what YOU put together in 2013!
Wow! So much accomplished in just twelve months! You have inspired me to start my own 2013 list. Have a wonderful holiday.
It looks like you accomplished a lot in a year. Your kitchen makeover is amazing!
Ellora Drinnen says
Your home is beautiful! There is always so much we want to get done and never quite enough time. Your craft room and dining room is amazing!! Great inspiration to us all! Happy New Year!
Thanks so much Ellora!
you accomplished a ton! i’ve set what i think is a very conservative goal for this years house projects, but we will see how much i really get done! great job
Thanks so much Carissa! And good luck with your goals for 2013!