Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip

Ready for the most addictive and delicious dip you’ll ever have? Honestly, nothing in the world makes me happier than chocolate and peanut butter. Well… maybe my family. But this comes in a close second.

I’ve seen lots of recipes for dessert dips with chocolate chips, but thought it might be a little more tasty with Reese’s and real peanut butter mixed in. So here’s the best dessert ever… seriously.chocolate peanut butter dip

Ingredients

• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups crushed
  • chocolate graham crackers

reeces peanut butter dip ingredients

Directions
Beat together the softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the brown sugar and peanut butter.

reeces peanut butter dip recipeMix in the vanilla and salt, then use a  rubber spatula to mix in the mini Reeses.

the best reeces peanut butter dipI like to refrigerate overnight for the flavors to settle. Serve chilled with chocolate graham crackers.

chocolate peanut butter dipThen dig into the bowl of goodness until you have to change into stretchy pants. Then go eat some more since it’s now officially cheat day on your diet cause you already ate half the bowl. Then come back here to tell me how good the dip was. Then yell at me for not helping you get ready for swimsuit season.

It’s ok… I can handle it.
Totally worth it, right?

reeses peanut butter dip recipe

Comments

1. KWi says

sounds good…wondering what upcoming ‘occasion’ i have that i must make this for…or maybe friday just sounds good!!! LOL

Oh bummer! Refrigerate for 24 hours, then let it sit out for 2 hours and taste again. This happened to me once but it tasted fine after this… not quite sure why! Maybe the brand of peanut butter is too salty?

2. Jessi says

I can’t use cream cheese because I have a lactose intolerant family member. Do you think I could substitute the cream cheese for marshmallow fluff? I have done this in the past with previous recipes and they have turned out fine, but I’m not sure about this one.

• Jessi says

I actually ended up trying it and it turned out wonderful! I used a 10oz jar of marshmallow fluff and a dollop of whipped cream. It tasted like peanut butter pie filling. Thanks for the recipe, I will be trying the cream cheese version soon!

3. weston says

I made exactly the way it says, and it tastes like straight butter… not to mention the 1 cup of peanut butter cups you say to use is barely significant. This picture even looks like it uses way more peanut butter cups (mixed in, not garnished). Sorry, but there’s got to be more accurate measurements for this.

1 cup of CRUSHED mini Reese’s peanut butter cups is a lot. Sorry, but I’m assuming you didn’t follow the instructions as noted. And the garnish was separate from the measurements. Also, as noted, try refrigerating overnight before serving to let the flavors settle.

• weston says

No I assure you as an avid hobby-time cook (not a professional or anything, just love to cook, bake and be in the kitchen) I followed these directions.. yes a cup of crushed reeses cups… if you take the garnishment off the top of the dip in that picture above… It still looks like there’s more than a cup crushed into the dip, my dip does not have nearly that much visual reeses crushed up.. haha oh well not a big deal, I added another cup, and 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar… I know that sounds Luke a lot but that’s what it is missing.. the peanut butter mixed with the butter and a whole block of cream cheese is too much and over powers the little bit of brown sugar and vanilla that’s in it. With the powdered sugar it becomes more like a cookie dough mix… This really saved a whole bowl that I almost threw out… Alternatively I found most people who make these dips make it a little less fattening by using Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese and butter, haha.. oh well still good and Paula Dean would be proud!