I always love starting new family traditions, especially around the holidays. This year I decided to get ahead of schedule and actually plan a fun DIY Christmas countdown calendar with the help of some yummy Hershey’s Kisses chocolates from The Hershey Company!
- 8ft 1×3 board cut into
- (6) 1×3 boards with edges cut at 45 degree angles, longest edge at lengths of 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, and 6 inches
- 3×3 inch square tree trunk
- 3×6 inch tree base
- 16 inch 1×2 board (to connect tree boards)
- Wood star
- Nail gun or hammer & nails
- (2) 1.5 inch wood screws
- Hershey’s Kisses chocolates
- Candy numbers free printable (below)
- Glue stick
- Scissors or .75 inch hole punch
- Green, brown and yellow paint
To trim, either use a pair of scissor or get a .75 inch hole punch.
Set the Hershey’s Kisses chocolates aside while you work on the tree art.
Start the tree by nailing the 16 inch 1×2 board into the middle of the aligned tree boards & tree trunk (like the photo below).
Then you’re all done with your new family tradition…
Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar.
Pretty cute, right?
Your kids will love (or fight) over pulling out the Hershey’s Kisses!
And you might just have to make one for every kid in the family 🙂
So who’s ready to spread the holiday cheer and
make this the sweetest time of the year?