Bedroom Bling: Fabric Scrap Door Wreath

I found this adorable fabric scrap wreath from One More Moore’s blog post she created back in November 2010. I thought this craft would be the perfect idea to add a little bling to my daughter’s bedroom door.

fabric-wreath-completeSo off I went to get my supplies! I purchased a metal wreath frame for $3, a bundle of fabric pre-cut scraps for $6 (I had a 50% off coupon) and white Scribble paint for $1 from JoAnn Fabrics. I also got a ceramic “E” for the center of the wreath for $1 from Hobby Lobby.

I decided to use pre-cut fabric since I don’t have a huge stock pile of scraps hanging around. Plus I really liked the multi color packet I picked out!

I still cut the strips into 1/4 pieces so each strip was about 6 inches long. I then tied each piece around the metal wreath.

Yes, it takes a long time to tie each piece of fabric around the wreath, but it will be worth it!

Finally finished!  Loving the look so far! Next is working on the centerpiece of the fabric wreath.

I took the ceramic letter and painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Louis Blue. I got this sample pot from Shades of Amber. Perfect for little projects and to try out shades before you buy an entire quart!

When the paint dried, I used the white Scribbles paint to add some cute polka dots. I hung the letter from the middle of the fabric wreath with some light blue ribbon. And it’s complete!

Pretty cute, huh? I love how all of the colors pop against the white door!

Yep, pretty stinkin’ cute! The Louis Blue chalk paint is almost the exact shade of her walls! Love when things work out perfectly :)

fabric-wreath-complete

Comments

• howtonestforless says

Wow, I just found The Nester’s Wreath party. THanks for the head’s up! I’ll be joining next week :)

• howtonestforless says

I only put it on two rings, the inner and outer. I filled in the spaces where needed after that, but it really didn’t need too much! Hope that helps :)

I love precut bundles. it makes creating a coordinated craft that much faster. I may just do this for a christmas wreath with a jelly roll I have hanging around. Just need to get a wreath frame. Thanks for posting, it is the first time I have seen the wreath frame used, and I don’t remember seeing them before at the craft store. A definite must have. Visiting from Show and Tell Wednesday.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva

Love it! Did you do that whole room yourself? It’s all so beautiful! I’m a new follower from Homework’s blog hop. I would love if you linked up at my blog hop, today.

• howtonestforless says

Thanks! It’s a stencil from Cutting Edge. Super simple to do! You can find the entire blog post about it in my Project Gallery. Hope you’re having a great holiday weekend!!

These are so cute. This was actually my son’s class gift for parents when he was in kindergarten only they used a wire hanger and each child brought in one yard of holiday fabric – we hang it up every year!

I love this!
    Do you tie the scraps on the top and bottom only?
    Where did you get the scrap bundle? I have a JoAnn’s but haven’t seen anything like that.
    katy_lunsford at yahoo.com

• howtonestforless says

Yes, I only tied to the outer and inner circles. I purchased by fabric scrap bundle from JoAnns. I’m sure you can ask an associate for help finding them! Otherwise I made another one for Fall use fat quarters from WalMart. The bundle was $10 from there and was the perfect amount!

This is beautiful! Can’t wait to give it a go, though I might use the technique on a headband. Found your link on somewhat simple thursday linky party and pinned it straight away. I love recycled crafts.

Help! I pinned this wreath on Pinterest, but now I am realizing that I have no idea how wide the fabric strips should be. Can you tell me? We’re facing a rainy weekend and I would love to make a few of these with the girls.

7. Diana Duncan says

Love your wreath–I am going to make these with our Mom Time Ministry Group–was one bundle of fabric enough to do it all? Did you have to buy more?