Winter Silver & Blue Pinecone Wreath

So the holidays have come and gone this year, and my house almost feels empty without decorations busting from the seams. I still wanted a little bit of winter flair so I decided to create a fun and festive Pinecone Winter Wreath using my favorite winter colors, silver & blue.

Pin It

First I gathered my supplies:

• Grapevine wreath
  • Pinecones
  • Silver & blue picks
  • Silver metallic spray paint
  • Hot glue gun
  • Crafting wire
  • Silver ribbon

I attached the pinecones that I found on clearance from Michael’s using craft wire and hot glue. I made sure to completely cover the grapevine wreath with as many pinecones that would fit comfortably.

Once all the pinecones were in place, I spray painted the entire wreath in Rustoleum’s metallic silver.

Now it’s time to start adding the silver and blue floral picks that I got from Michael’s on holiday clearance. Normally prices at $1.29 each, I got these for 70% off!

I used my hot glue gun and craft wire again to make sure all of the blue and silver picks were securely attached to the pinecone wreath. I also added some silver ribbon to the top for hanging on my front door. And that’s it!

A beautiful silver and blue pinecone wreath to keep your door festive throughout the winter months!

LIKE THIS POST? FOLLOW ALONG FOR MORE…

Comments

• howtonestforless says

I know, right? I had a bunch of leftover Christmas supplies that I didn’t know what to do with! Tada :)

1. Diana says

LOVE this idea… will be on the lookout to make one of these myself!!! LOVE Michaels and JoAnns too! Scored a fair amount of goodies at JoAnn’s on Monday… haven’t been to Michael’s yet but am planning to… Glad to find a blogger so close to me.. I light in Highland, IL… Love your ideas!

This is absolutely gorgeous! I was trying to tell friends of mine that good Wintry colors for front door decor are white, silvers and blues. I must have had this wreath subliminally in my mind. Gosh, now I want to make one! :-)

Love the color combo! It’s looks so fresh and pretty! Also, love the extra touch of the twine weaved around the pine cones. Thanks for sharing this :)

I’ll be featuring YOU Thursday morning over on my blog. Thank you so much for sharing at last week’s {wow me} wednesday party. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

5. Stephanie says

I just used your diy directions and made a gorgeous wreath that looks like it came from Pier1! I am so pleased! It is a gift for my Mother-in-love and now I feel I will have to make one for myself. :) Thanks for the how to directions, I will be visiting your site a lot.
    ~Tickled in Texas