Master Bedroom Makeover Reveal!

Yay! It’s finally time to reveal my master bedroom makeover! I’ve been talking about this post for quite some time, so it’s so exciting to finally share my transformation photos with you (and get ready, there’s a lot!).

And if you don’t remember, here’s the before…

I was looking to make our bedroom a little lighter and brighter. We had the same ol’ red comforter for 6 years so when my puppy dog ruined our bedding (yeah, long story), I took it upon myself to give the room a little makeover. Ready for photo overload?

My first idea for the master bedroom makeover was to install some white washed wood paneling as the accent wall.

Another great addition to the room? We finally installed the footboard to the bed. Yep, we’ve had this bedroom set for 6 years and just now decided to put on the footboard and rails. Looks great, don’t you think? I love how it pops against the new blue puckered bedding.

This is my side of the bedroom with the door to the master bath and a little storage cabinet. See those blue and pink posters?

My hubby is notorious for saying this phrase so when I saw these free printables from My Sister’s Suitcase, I just had to use them in our room makeover (sorry, I’m still quirky like that!).

I slightly adjusted the colors, printed them each 16×20 inches, and got some new frames. My hubby and I can use dry erase markers on the glass for instant wipe-off boards. LOVE this idea for quick notes back and forth!!!

Here’s a view of our dresser wall.

And a view of the bed straight on. Lovin’ our new pillows (his side has the textured jute pillow and mine has the pretty ivory rose). We also purchased this sunburst mirror from TJ Maxx. Love how it looks against the new paneling.

We also decided to put this small desk in our bedroom (it used to be in my craft room). My hubby works from home a lot of evenings and needed his own space. This desk is the perfect size for just in front of our window!

And I reupholstered an accent chair with some fun & cheery fabric.

Below is a view from my husband’s side of the bed.

And my nightstand. I’m loving the fresh white of the new lampshades I found on clearance.

So, that’s about it. I’m so happy with our master bedroom makeover!

I really hope you enjoyed the tour!

Tomorrow I’ll give a quick tutorial on how to install the wood paneling, then Friday I’ll have a complete shopping list breakdown of the items we purchased for the room. I HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN!

If you like what you see, please subscribe to my RSS FEED or find me on Facebook!

Linking up to Tatertots and Jello

Comments

I love your bedroom makeover it seems like a bigger room and its so much lighter and brighter. I also love your black (dark) bedroom furniture. The little pops of colour are just stunning and adding the desk for your husband is a great idea. Can’t wait for the tutorial and the breakdown of all the items you put into the room. xx

Love it! You’re right… that bed DOES pop against the bedding. The He Said / She Said is adorable. Could he please take my trash out tonight too? I ALWAYS forget! Maybe I need just a She Said to write myself reminders. :-)

What a difference! It is much lighter and brighter! I think my favorite part is the his and hers dry erase pictures, what a fun idea! The whitewashed paneling is great too. Enjoy your beautiful new space!

The bedroom looks great Erin. I love the “That’s what He / She said” art work – what a cute idea! My other favorite piece of the room is your desk chair… great design. Where did you find it? Not sure if you realized, but your window treatments are the same that I used in my master bath as a shower curtain. I’m in love with that pattern. Beautiful and serene space, Erin! xo Jenna

Wow, what a transformation Erin!! It looks great. I love the blue pleated bedding, the curtains, the desk, well, all of it! You did a fantastic job. I bet you love spending more time in there now? I know I would. =)

~ Catie

6. Erin K. says

Looks AWESOME!!! Mirror is perfect. Love how you coordinated the chair fabric…I am so NOT that talented.

7. teri says

My goodness girl! You wanted “lighter and brighter”…… and you absolutely got “lighter and brighter”….lol! And that footboard added MUCHO to the room. Makes it “complete”, ya think? And in all honesty, if you would have told me you were adding a wood panelled accent wall, I doubt I would have expected to like it. But it truly surprised me, and I LOVE it! See! you just never know! And thanks for the “blue inspiration”. Hubby just remarked about changing our terra cotta bedroom, but I’m stumped for the right color change. Anybody who knows me, knows I don’t “do” blue. Not because I don’t like it, but it’s the one color I can’t seem to live with very long. But now……hmmmmmm….lighter and brighter and blue? AND I think I’m in trouble! (again) Ha-ha!!
    Teri :o)

LOL Teri! I know, my hubby was a little worried with my paneling choice (seemed so 80s!) but he came to love it! And blue is totally outside my comfort zone, but it’s definitely growing on me!!

Great makeover, Erin! It’s amazing how different the bed looks with the footboard and rails. I had to go up and down and few times to see if it was the same bed! Love the blue you added and those prints are too cute. Love that clock on the desk, too.

Oh my gee I love this! It’s amazing what a few small changes can do! I LOVE the bedding! The color is wonderful! I’m slowly but surely working on our bedroom… this is very inspirational

Wow, what a transformation. I love the new lighter and brighter bedroom. It’s amazing the change. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Found you linked up at the Coastal Charm linky party – I just had to stop by and tell you how fantastic this Master Bedroom makeover is. This is just the inspiration I need to help my aunt redo her room where the current focus is a large black bed and blue walls. Your ideas are perfect! Stop by and check out The Home tour I recently posted when you get a chance. Cheers, MGal watchmediy.com

Erin, Okay… so we’re a little behind and still trying to catch up from SNAP :) I LOVE what you did with your room, and our printables look so amazing as large prints!! I love the idea of using them as a “notes” board with the dry erase markers. We’re linking this up on our facebook page today!!! Thanks for featuring them!

Erin it looks amazing! It is so bright and beautiful! I know that you guys must just be in love with it! Thanks for sharing with us this week! Have a nice weekend!

Take care,

Trish

Wow!!! I absolutely love this!! And the “That’s what she said” and “he said” signs are great. I might just have to print them out for our bedroom….

Thanks so much for the inspiration!! I would love it if you linked this up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!

15. Krista says

This looks great! I need to hire you do come and redo my whole house! ;-) So inspired by your decor and accessories. Where did you find white birds and the owl?

I stumbled across this post and love the he said/she said prints. You mentioned how you mentioned the link that you got the pics at, but how did you resize/recolor them to get them on one? I’d love to try to make some myself if you wouldn’t mind sharing your methods. :) Thanks!