Vintage Inspired Pendant Necklaces

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was participating in the Pass It On Project. Debbie from ReFresh ReStyle first contacted me this idea, and I was elated to join the crew. Soon Debbie sent me an amazing hand-crafted photo frame in the mail. Isn’t it gorgeous? You can see the full post on it here.

Now it was my turn to pay it forward, or Pass It On. I asked Ginger from Ginger Snap Crafts and Cheryl from That’s What Che Said to join in on the fun!

So since I’m a graphic designer by trade, I decided to use some of my computer skills to create my crafts. I actually created two projects, but I’m only showing you one today!

Here are my Vintage Inspired Pendant Necklaces!

First thing I did was gather my supplies:

• Pendant frames
  • Necklace chains
  • Printouts of graphics I created in Photoshop
  • Glue dots
I found the pendant frames for the necklace from Michael’s a couple of weeks back. I knew that I wanted to find some vintage inspired artwork for the inside, but couldn’t find anything I liked. So… I made my own (well all except the Keep Calm; that one you can find anywhere!).

I designed the prints in Photoshop then printed them out to fit perfectly inside the pendant frames. Here is a downloadable version… just right click and save!

Once printed out, I trimmed and placed them inside the frame. I used a little bit of glue to keep the back of the paper stuck to the inside of the necklace pendant frame. Then I stuck on the adhesive-backed clear films that came with the pendants as a protective covering.

I added a chain and that’s it! Some one-of-a-kind necklaces for only a couple bucks total!

I hope the girls enjoy their gifts! I know I had fun making them!

Stay tuned for Monday when I reveal my second part of Pass It On Project!

LIKE THIS POST? FOLLOW ALONG FOR MORE…

Comments

Great project, Erin!

I know that I bought some pendants from this line a little while ago but I don’t think I noticed these. I’ll have to look more carefully the next time I’m at Michaels because this is such an easy way to make a custom necklace.

I love your print designs and I’m sure the recipients will as well!

Have a lovely weekend : )

2. Shelly says

You found the little frames at Michael’s? So cute. Love these. Oh who am I kidding…I love all the stuff you do:)

• Shelly says

Well that sounds like an even trade:) I just told Dawn yesterday we need to have a party once a month just so I can bake all the new things I want to try:)

3. JennieD says

These are so cute! I just saved the images to my computer under my “Crafts” folder in my photo file. I’ll have to give some of these a try also. All the images are so adorable, I especially like the one with the yellow flower. Erin, do you have any more of these “small” images that you can share or tell us how to create our own? I have the PSE9 on my computer, I should be able to do that with this program, right?

All the best,
    JennieD

Jennie, sorry for the late response! I get a lot of my images from BigStockPhoto.com. I then use Photoshop to piece different ones together to make them unique!! Hope that helps. You should be able to rock it!!!

LOL Susan! I feel like graphic design is so different from when I went to school (and that was just a couple of years ago!). Technology is too fast to keep up with sometimes :)

4. Marjorie says

Thanks so much for sharing your talent! I am going to add these to the end-of-the-year pillows I make for the teachers. I put a picture frame on the front and always decorate with a bit of jewelry.